I'm honored to announce that writing pal, Linda Simoni-Wastila, has graced me with the Honest Scrap award. Linda's a talented writer and gentle soul whom it's been my privelege to learn with and from these past few years. To claim my prize, I need to reveal ten things about myself. Here's a few random things that you may not know.
1. I’ve been writing since I was 6 years old, when I wrote my first short story.
2. I have no patience for people who constantly complain, but do nothing to change their circumstances.
3. I love to learn new things whenever I can.
4. I’m desperately math impaired.
5. I have a pot of Italian wedding soup on the stove RIGHT NOW.
6. I believe hard work is the key to success.
7. I have been blessed with the best husband and daughter a woman could hope for.
8. I adore oatmeal raisin cookies.
9. I’m tripping around the house as I try to get used to my new glasses with progressive lenses.
10. We have three cats who rule the roost. No pedigreed purebreds. I like mutts.
Now for the fun part: I get to pass this award on. Here are three great writers who really deserve to be recognized for their honesty, hard work and integrity.
JC TOWLER: You ALWAYS tells it like it is.
STEPHEN BOOK: Your honesty has helped me grow by leaps and bounds.
JANE BANNING: You approach everything from a place of honesty. Honest images, honest opinions, honest dealings.
One last note: speaking of honesty, check back tomorrow for a follow-up to my blog post on Carmen's work being stolen. Carmen, aka Jane, will be stop by tomorrow to share the latest on her battle with a plagiarist.